[svlug] Midnight commander + ssh

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Sat Jun 9 19:01:02 PDT 2001

On Thu, May 08, 2001 at 10:02:28ber -0700, Rob Walker wrote:
> agreed.  Function keys are so far from home row, only a pianist could
> reach them comfortably.

Hearing this from a couple of Emacs users is most entertaining :-)

Marc

PS: JC, don't complain about mnemonics for function keys
    1) The keys are the same than in norton commander, which many mc users
       are used to
    2) mc does display at the bottom of the screen what each of them does,
       so it's like Emacs where you have to have remember that to do foo,
       you have to hit ALT+X+ALT+foo+bar (granted, vim ain't much better)