[svlug] Midnight commander + ssh

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Jun 8 22:56:01 PDT 2001

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 07:51:16PM -0700:

> I doubt that it's going to ever take hold, though, now that the OpenSSH
> people have reverse-engineered the _standard_ sftp2 protocol.

Standard?  Was sftp of any kind ever part of the IETF Secure
Shell standards process, or was it a non-standard ssh.com add-on?
Or are now they going to try to make it a standard now that there
are two implementations?

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti at zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/