[svlug] Midnight commander + ssh

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 8 01:12:01 PDT 2001

begin  Rob Walker quotation:

> http://gftp.seul.org/

Interesting, but not the same category of things as WinSCP.  It doesn't
do what you (seem to) think it does.

gFTP front-ends to Brian Wellington's sftp-protocol client, to
reach Wellington's sftp-protocol server on the far end.  Despite the
naming coincidence, this "sftp" is _not_ the same protocol as the sftp2
protocol originated by Tatu Ylönen's SSH2 suite.

And, of course, hardly anyone runs Wellington's sftp-server binary.

--
Cheers,             "I used to be on the border of insanity.  However, due
Rick Moen           to pressing political concerns, I recently had to invade."