[svlug] Midnight commander + ssh

Rafael raffi at linwin.com
Fri Jun 8 00:15:01 PDT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Rob Walker wrote:

> >> Mmmhh, I've never done that.
>
> Todd> Closest thing I've seen to it is a free program for Windows
> Todd> named WinSCP.  Looks like FTP, but uses ssh and scp.  There is
> Todd> no need for ftp on any of your servers any more.  Clueimpared
> Todd> can run WinSCP and clued can use ssh/scp from commandline.
>
> http://gftp.seul.org/

I use it every once in a while to show mouse clickers that you can do it
in Linux too. But I happen to like MC and it's text based interface. As a
matter of fact you can click in MC and you get all the effects as
expected. What I would like to see is it's ftp being replaced with secure
connection over ssh.

> rob

Rafael