[svlug] Linus interviewed on Fresh Air today

Rafael raffi at linwin.com
Tue Jun 5 00:43:03 PDT 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Drew Bertola wrote:

> > > I just heard the 1 pm KQED-FM broadcast. Quite interesting - the memoirs
> > > were plugged a few times during the show, but little if any mention was
> > > made of them directly. Overall, it was a fairly good and in-depth inter-
> > > view, even if the host mispronounced 'Linux" (it sounded more like
> > > linn-ox most of the time, and Lye-nux once or twice) :).
> >
> > Having missed the broadcast but knowing the show pretty well, I'm just
> > dying to find out what Linus revealed about the issues he's had in
> > coming to terms with his sexuality and the hardships he's overcome in
> > dealing with his drug addictions....

That was supplanted by money doesn't matter that much when you have
basic things like house, a car, and job. They mentioned how VA Linux
options evaporated ...

> Terri got him to play some of the new stuff from his latest solo CD.
> You've gotta love that Ozark banjo style.  I swore he sounded just
> like the bald kid in "Deliverence."

Overall it was OK but it's a shame that GNU or Richard Stallman's "song"
if not mantra was not mentioned in whole time after the first 15 minutes
that I missed. Terri kept repeating "Linus' OS" which it is not. I was
hoping he'll correct her but don't remember hearing that.

> --
> Drew Bertola  | Send a text message to my pager or cell ...
>               |   http://jpager.com/Drew

# Rafael Skodlar
#    MS Windows, a digital form of Mad Cow Disease.