[svlug] Turning/reflowing/wrapping '> > quoted' into '>> quoted'

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jun 5 00:25:01 PDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:14:54 -0400
John Bacalle <john at unixen.org> wrote:

> Notice how my attribution lines up your quoted text with your
> name.

> That is intentional. It makes matching author/attribution and
> quote, at any depth, a snap. That is a big help.

<nod> Its an eye training thing.  My eyes are trained to look one
indent level down to find the author.  Its something that makes
inherent sense to me.  Yours are trained to look at the same level.
I presume that that is something that makes inherent sense to you.
There are advantages to both approaches.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows