[svlug] [Off-Topic] Looking for Dual P II Xeon (Slot 2 type) CPU retention bracket

Compunuts compunuts at telocity.com
Mon Jun 4 09:43:01 PDT 2001

This is probably an off topic and I'm sorry if it's a little out off list
guide line but I'm trying this list as a last resort.... I have been all
over the bay area looking for one of the P II Slot 2 type CPU retention
bracket, JDR Microdevices, Central, several parts places and cow-palace
computer show last Saturday, but was unable to find one. If anybody has one
sitting at computer lab, server room, engineering lab, their MFG floor or
at their friends, I'd really appreciate if you can spare me one. I've also
tried all the places that sell Xeon CPU/MBs in computer user magazine,
MicroTimes and some other MB MFGs including my MB MFG, Tyan, and failed to
get one. Since I used to work for a PC MFG, I know that sometime these
little things just sitting on the corner table of some labs, warehouse
floor, MFG floor junk box and stuff... Could you guys please, please, look
out for me one?? Thanks..... I'm willing to pay for the price of the
bracket plus will buy you pizza or pancakes after SVLUG meeting if you can
find me one... Thanks again.....

Linux is not an operating system but it's a way of life.
See my web site: http://www.leicomputing.com