[svlug-announce] SVLUG Oct 01: Guy Sotomayor: Moving Linux Into The Livingroom Takes Some Moxi

stevegt at svlug.org stevegt at svlug.org
Sat Sep 27 22:22:00 PDT 2003

We're pleased to announce the next meeting of the Silicon Valley Linux
Users Group!

WHAT:

  Moving Linux Into The Livingroom Takes Some Moxi

WHEN:

  Wednesday, 01 Oct, 7pm-9pm or so.

WHO:

  Guy Sotomayor, Platform Architect, Digeo, Inc

BACKGROUND:

  Guy Sotomayor, Platform Software Architect at Digeo, will
  demonstrate Digeo's Moxi Media Center. Moxi is a Linux-based super
  set-top box that incorporates a wide range of capabilities such as
  DVR (Digital Video Recorder), HDTV, internet/router/firewall/gateway
  capabilities, DVD playback, the management of music playlists from
  your CDs and computer, and digital photo viewing. And, through one
  simple menu the consumer can access all this entertainment
  throughout the home.

ABOUT THE SPEAKER:

  Guy Sotomayor is a platform architect at Digeo, Inc. Guy manages the
  system software and build teams and is chiefly responsible for the
  development of Linux OS for an embedded platform and the tools to
  support it.

WHERE:

Cisco Building 9.  The land of NUMBERS.  The VINEYARDS conference
center.  The side we are on is the Silver Oak/Jordan conference rooms,
where a large Cisco fountain is usually not turned on.  Directions on
how to get there are listed at:

        http://www.svlug.org/directions/cisco-9.shtml

We've tried our very best for these directions to be accurate.  If you
have any improvements to make, please let our Web Team know!
web-team at svlug.org

NOTES:

It's best if you arrive close to on time, as otherwise there may not
be someone posted at the door to let you in.  After the speakers end
their presentation there is usually a Q&A session, time for job
seekers and employers to meet, and often a few door prizes.  When the
meeting is over people are encouraged to chat a bit, but also to exit
the building so Cisco can lock up.  Don't worry, a lot of us go to
dinner afterward so there's plenty of time to chat outdoors or
offsite.