[SVLUG-Jobs] [Officers] Job Posting for Linux Admin.
janice.summers at nuasis.com
Fri Feb 6 18:50:59 PST 2004
Nuasis Corporation has just launched the Nuasis NuContact Center and we are growing! We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Linux/Unix Systems Administrator to work in our Core Engineering development team. This is a contract - contract to hire opportunity.
As a Sr Administrator in the development group, you will be heavily involved in the analysis , design, programming and maintenance of enterprise Linux servers for the engineering development group. Participate as an active member on major Linux based development and migration projects.
* At least 8 years of UNIX System Adminstration experience.
* Must have 3 years with Linux experience including kernel construction for RH ES/AS, RPM.
* Set up and scripting for the automation of TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP, IPChains, IPTables, etc...
* Must be accomplished at writing Perl and Shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
* Working knowledge of kickstart technology.
* Installation, scripting and maintenance of Nagios (Netsaint)
* Solid understanding of source control systems (preferably ClearCase).
* Experience with complex system integration and debugging invaluable.
* Past experience supporting the Build and Release process in engineering development (ClearCase) would be very beneficial.
The NuContact Center is a multimedia contact distribution system designed to route and queue voice, e-mail and Web contacts on a single platform. The end-to-end IP-based system consolidates the routing of customer phone calls, e-mails, and web contacts for improved customer service and contact handling.
By delivering voice communications over the corporate data network, along with e-mail and Web contacts, the NuContact Center eliminates the high cost and administrative burden of maintaining both telephony and data networks for the call center application. By combining the distribution of voice, e-mail and Web contacts (Web chat and co-browsing sessions) on a single platform, the NuContact Center can route e-mail and Web contacts with the same efficiencies achieved for voice calls in the past.
Nuasis provides a stimulating, fast-paced environment that encourages initiative, flexibility and creativity. Our people work with diverse technologies. As a new, venture-funded company, we can offer real potential for rapid career growth. Nuasis offers competitive salaries - excellent benefits - generous stock options - and more.
260 Gish Road
San Jose, CA 95112
e-mail janice.summers at nuasis.com
Janice Summers, PHR
Sr Staffing Specialist / HR
cell phone 650-248-8695
e-mail: janice.summers at nuasis.com
Silicon Valley Linux Users Group Officers
More information about the Jobs