[web-team] Linode Support Ticket 12110875 - Other - Scheduled Linode Maintenance

support@linode.com support at linode.com
Tue Jun 11 07:01:08 PDT 2019

Support Ticket 12110875 regarding account 'SVLUG' has been updated by 'Linode'

Hello,

Maintenance is required for one or more of your Linodes' physical hosts. This maintenance is necessary to patch the MDS (ZombieLoad) CPU vulnerability[1] and will incur downtime for your Linode(s).

Some FAQ:

- Your maintenance schedule can be found at the bottom of this ticket. The scheduled start times are also listed within the Linode Manager[2/3].
- These maintenance windows cannot be altered, postponed, or rescheduled, and rebooting your Linode ahead of time will not remove the need for this maintenance.
- A two-hour window is allocated, however, the actual downtime should be much less.
- Your Linode(s) will be cleanly shutdown and will remain inaccessible during the maintenance window. After the maintenance has concluded, each Linode will be returned to its last state (running or powered off).
- These updates affect the underlying infrastructure that your Linode(s) reside on and will not affect the data stored within your Linode.

To fully mitigate the MDS vulnerability, set your Configuration Profile to utilize our latest kernel. If you use a distribution-supplied kernel, you can update your kernel[4] via your package manager. Linodes that use our latest kernel will automatically update upon reboot.

To ensure your Linode's essential services (MySQL, Apache, NGINX, etc.) return successfully upon reboot, we strongly recommend that you review our Reboot Survival Guide[5] prior to the start of the maintenance period. If you encounter any connectivity issues after the maintenance is complete, please refer to this Community Site post[6].

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

-Linode

[1] https://status.linode.com/incidents/d04kfh52spfn
[2] https://cloud.linode.com/linodes
[3] https://manager.linode.com/linodes
[4] https://www.linode.com/docs/platform/update-kernel/
[5] https://linode.com/docs/uptime/reboot-survival-guide/
[6] https://www.linode.com/community/questions/323/my-linode-is-unreachable-after-maintenance

--

Your maintenance schedule in UTC is as follows:

	* 2019-07-01 4:00:00 AM UTC - svlugmicah

Please use https://manager.linode.com/support/ticket/12110875 to respond to this ticket.

Linode Community: https://www.linode.com/community/
Linode System Status: https://status.linode.com/

This ticket will be closed if not updated within 96 hours.

Thank you,
Linode.com