[web-team] feedback from SVLUG website

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 5 13:16:02 PDT 2010

Quoting John Halperin (jxh at slac.stanford.edu):

> Hi,
>
> Regarding
>
>    http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php
>
> it looks like the times shown for the last Caltrain departures from Mtn
> View need updating.  Per Caltrain's Aug 2009 schedule
>   http://www.caltrain.com/timetable.html
> the last northbound train is at 22:49 and the last southbound train is at
> 01:09.  But note that the last VTA LRT connecting to Caltrain leaves the
> Middlefield Rd station at about 22:25, so the 01:09 time is pretty much
> irrelevant.

It turns out, VTA had also rerouted and renamed the relevant bus routes,
with the result that only the rerouted Route 32 bus is even halfway
relevant.  (By way of compensation, it follows a more-useful route.)

I've re-vetted all the timings, and reworked the page generally to take
into account VTA's changes.  Also, this page now joins the modest number
of SVLUG pages I've hammered into passing W3C's HTML validator by
correcting past sloppy markup.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

I don't quite concur about CalTrain departures after the final
connecting LRT or bus being irrelevant:  The walking distance from
Middlefield LRT to the Mountain View Transit Center is only about a
mile.  However, I've now appropriately warned people about the walk if
they miss the last connections.