[volunteers] (forw) [conspire] Fwd: Prgmr.com is now Tornado VPS
rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 18 12:17:42 PST 2022
----- Forwarded message from Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net> -----
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 14:01:40 -0700
From: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net>
To: conspire at linuxmafia.com
Subject: [conspire] Fwd: Prgmr.com is now Tornado VPS
FYI because I know some of you are hosted there (or have groups hosted there).
----- Original message -----
From: Tornado VPS <support at tornadovps.com>
To: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net>
Subject: Prgmr.com is now Tornado VPS
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022 1:46 PM
Hi Deirdre Saoirse Moen,
Prgmr.com has changed it's name to Tornado VPS. Since 2005 Prgmr.com has offered virtual private servers to the general public. In 2022 we'll continue to host virtual private servers under our new name.
Tornado VPS remains focused on providing self-managed Xen hosting for the technically adept. If you already have a VPS service through Prgmr.com it is now hosted under our new name and is otherwise unchanged. Same IP address, VPS package, and hardware.
As we have changed the company name along with our DNS domain name, we are taking the opportunity to standardize, simplify, and improve our customer-facing interfaces. To this end, the canonical DNS domain name of your VPS services, along with your serial console, have changed. Account user names, passwords, SSH public keys and other credentials remain unchanged.
1. Each of your existing services is now available as <service-label>.vm.tornadovps.net. The previous canonical name was <service-label>.xen.prgmr.com. If you access your VPS using your own DNS domain name continue to do so. Note that vm.tornadovps.net is in the .net gTLD.
2. The VPS console is now available at:
$ ssh service-label at console.tornadovps.com
Where service-label is the hostname of your VPS. Note that console.tornadovps.com is in the .com gTLD. The previous VPS console name was service-label at service-label.console.xen.prgmr.com.
3. The billing interface is https://tornadovps.com/client . The previous URL was https://billing.prgmr.com/ . The interface itself has not changed, other than modifications attendant to the name changing to Tornado VPS.
4. If you haven't changed your PTR record and the rdata for that record refers to service-label.xen.prgmr.com it will be changed to service-label.vm.tornadovps.net. If you have set your PTR record to another hostname it will remain as you have set it. You can modify your PTR record from the VPS console.
5. Support requests should be directed to support at tornadovps.com. The previous support address was support at prgmr.com.
Beginning April 2nd 2022, the Prgmr.com DNS entries will be disabled and you will need to use the Tornado VPS entries as provided above. Please update your browser bookmarks, SSH configuration, and technical notes to refer to the Tornado VPS DNS domain names.
If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to continuing to be your hosting provider and are glad you have found our service suitable to your needs.
You're receiving this email because this address is the primary
contact for an active service at Tornado VPS. If you need this
corrected please contact us at support at tornadovps.com.
705 S. Mustang Rd. #300, Yukon, OK 73099 | http://tornadovps.com/
conspire mailing list
conspire at linuxmafia.com
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the volunteers