[volunteers] SVLUG talk - Linux Certificate integration with Microsoft CA

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 22 15:02:07 PDT 2016

Quoting Mike Cooper (mike at revocent.com):

> Rick,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> Yes, Oct 5 works good for me.
[...]

Great!  You'll now see your talk's write-up on the front page and the
upcoming meetings page:

http://www.svlug.org/
http://www.svlug.org/meetings.php

If you'd like any of that changed for any reason, please just let us
know.  Or if we can answer any questions.  (I've CC'd SVLUG's organisational
mailing list, Volunteers.)

On the meetings.php page, I've added a link from the word
'Certificates' to the Wikipedia page about X.509.  In my experience, a
few such touches to make a lecture's topic more vivid helps get across
quickly what the talk's about.  My working hypothesis is that lecture
write-ups function like the 'elevator pitch' you give hiring managers
when you're a job applicant:  You want to efficiently give readers a
strong sense of what it will be about and (with luck) why they would be
interested.

In that sense, a catchy title definitely helps -- and I really like
yours!

(Kevin, I assume the http://www.svlug.org/meetings.php will help you
with the Meetup blurb.  Let me know if I may help further, and thank you
as always for your assistance.)