[volunteers] Fwd: [web-team] Linode Support Ticket 6777570 - Critical Xen Maintenance / Reboot Schedule

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 2 23:04:17 PDT 2016

Quoting Mark Weisler (mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us):

> I am calling this issue to the attention of volunteers.
> It would be good if someone were to take ownership of this issue.

[I did also read this when it hit web-team.]

I'm not.  But:

Major point of that very long thing is:  Make sure your system will come
up after reboot, because we're going to be rebooting it.  Well,
fortunately, the Linode virthost running www.svlug.org has gone through
numerous past reboots just fine.

That's not to say that it isn't good for multiple volunteers to have
sufficient backup sets to, if it ever were necessary, reconstruct the
host from nothing.  Also, anyone who feels like test-rebooting using the
steps in https://www.linode.com/docs/uptime/reboot-survival-guide to
guarantee continuity of access in case of problems, by all means do.