[volunteers] (forw) Re: [offlist] Californians: check your voter registration today election notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 25 00:30:17 PDT 2016

> Well. I now know what to recommend to M. Robinson in the event he does
> apologize. Behold:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-May/000799.html
> (Feel free to forward this back to the list.)

It's a really good technical solution to a common problem that we've all
fallen afoul of.

In corporate e-mail systems, you can sometimes un-send a message with
some hope of that taking effect before everyone reads your gaffe.  By
contrast, when your gaffe hits outside SMTP mail, wow whoops.  It's more
like open mouth, insert foot, echo glabally.  This sort of 'rethink
switch' really ought to be more common.