[volunteers] (forw) Re: [offlist] Californians: check your voter registration today election notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 23 23:52:25 PDT 2016

What the heck:  Adding to the record.

Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 23:50:34 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: Jesse Monroy <jesse650 at gmail.com>
Cc: Marc MERLIN <marc at merlins.org>
Subject: Re: [offlist] Californians: check your voter registration today
	election notes

[offlist:]

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> I apologize to the mailing list for opening this can of worms.

I appreciate your courtesy in saying this.

To run with your metaphor, you opened the can of worms, Marc objected to
worms inappropriately wandering around the room, and I arrived citing
listadmin authority, crammed the worms back into the can, and sealed it
with a label saying 'Do not reopen without explicit permssion of the
listadmin.'

Mr. Robinson then saw the can with its listadmin seal, decided it would
be fun to ignore the listadmin, pried the can open, threw a cherry bomb
into the reopened can, and got exploded worm guts all over everyone.

He is now provisionally banned pending an unreserved and unqualified
public apology to the Volunteers list that I figure he's astronomically
unlikely to post (because he's a self-righteous narcissist) -- without
which his ban becomes permanent on June 6th.  Happy ending.

And _those_, sir, are the giant economy sized jackboots.

----- End forwarded message -----