[volunteers] Nameserver

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 18 16:55:35 PDT 2016

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> @Rick,
> If you have any influence with Josef, i highly suggest you at the very least
> get control of this domain.

This advice appears to assume true what I _just said_ I have doubts about.

I question the value, in 2016, of paying money to keep all of the big
three TLDs registered for this domain (and of keeping those away from
other people), especially for svlug.net .

It's conceivable if unlikely that someone might go searching for SVLUG
at svlug.com .  I judge it unlikely that anyone would look on svlug.net.
So, what's the downside to allowing svlug.net to lapse?  A hostile
party?  Seems a little paranoid in 2016.  A domain squatter parking page?
Possible, but I'm not sure we care, as the domain's never housed any
content SVLUG cares about.

I'm unclear on why you're giving me advice that ignores what I said on
the subject.