[volunteers] [revival] apache dead on svlug, restarting after this dumped state

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 6 14:36:49 PDT 2016

> This is what I am offering to do next, but if a fresh Jessie is the next
> step, then I would stick to the reproducible components I introduced,
> i.e. lighttpd, and not bother with linking it in all the home
> directories…

We have, courtesy of Sarah and Luke, the ability to get a second
virthost for a few weeks to do an OS migration (upon request to them).
Before taking up that kind offer, I would suggest working out a
prototype somewhere on one of our _own_ machines.  If doing that by
myself, I'd just do it in VirtualBox on my laptop, but that doesn't
support collaboration.

I'd be willing to have a temporary machine for that purpose on one of my
spare static IPs at my house -- but all of this reminds me of one of the
many reasons I am reluctant to get drawn into yet another time sink:  I
have my own ridiculously overdue server migration to do, and every
moment of time I waste on matters like this is time I don't have for my
own priorities.

I really do thank you for the inspire Lighty installation.  But I really
cannot afford yet another project right now.  Do whatever you think is
best, and let's just make sure we have backups.

Which reminds me, I have urgent things to do today, and need to get to
them.