[volunteers] Fwd: [web-team] Linode Support Ticket 5649987 - Critical Xen Maintenance / Reboot Schedule

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue May 3 17:41:29 PDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 13:25 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Ah, apologies for the ambiguous suggestion.  What I meant was:  Please
> don't forget to update site-docs/TODO and site-docs/ChangeLog .

I know that you had already seen me add that to the ChangeLog, because
you made a new entry after it, but I had indeed neglected to look in
TODO.

> site-docs/TODO mentions as a to-do item that it would nice to have
> regular backups.  My point is that, having instituted regular backups,
> you should remove that from the to-do list.

Actually, everything that had been in TODO is now done, except the svn
check-out cron job, so I've replaced the contents of that file
wholesale, expounding on the state of svn. Decisions need to be made
regarding that, especially where to put the repo.

> In light of that situation, I have no idea what possible practical use a
> Changelog on that host would be.  It's pretty much broken, and the
> _exact_ history of how it got that way IMO lacks interest.

I was not referring to the chroot-preserved system from the now-retired
2U, but rather to the relatively new host outside the chroot. AFAIK, the
only remaining services in the chroot are the MLM and pipermail-apache.
At some point, those could probably be passed to software that can be
installed outside the chroot, so that the chroot can be retired.