[volunteers] Fwd: [web-team] Linode Support Ticket 5649987 - Critical Xen Maintenance / Reboot Schedule

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 2 17:14:29 PDT 2016

> Update: I've now tried it again, and it works. Looks like
> the /etc/passwd entry was silently added sometime after the failed
> attempt.

The illustrious Sarah Newman, who migrated that host in utterly
miraculous fashion shortly before Via.net pulled the plug, lurks on this
mailing list, so she might have done that for you.

IIRC, as an eminently sensible security precaution, Sarah had disabled
at the time of migration some user login credentials.  I have a mail in
my big personal mbox with the details.