[volunteers] Possible Topic: SSD versus Spinning Disks

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Sat Apr 30 20:26:01 PDT 2016

Would "SSD versus Spinning Disks" be a topic for a potential future SVLUG talk?
I'm not working much in Linux anymore but a couple of years ago, when I was active, the transition to SSD was in motion. Some organizations would use SSD for the most frequently accessed data and spinners were used for everything else. If this makes sense as a topic please let me know and I can ask some appropriate organizations.

Seems this topic pertains mostly to medium and large servers running "in production". But, in time, the trends from production servers typically appear in the rest of the computer population so this might well be relevant to all of us.
If  you have comments that could help structure such a talk please send them to me and I'll include them in requests for speakers.

--
Mark Weisler   'This message has been signed using strong encryption for your protection.'
PGP Key ID 68E462B6