[volunteers] You're on for your SVLUG talk, Wednesday, May 4th

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Apr 30 10:56:03 PDT 2016

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> I can only suggest that you (Rick Moen) abandon
> (or resign from) SVLUG and let someone else step up. We can
> only do so much.

Did you know, the one thing I've been clearest about being unwilling to
do is lining up speakers?  So, that volunteer position has been empty,
letting someone else step up.  Nobody stepped up.

I am now attempting, since once again nobody else is doing fsck-all, to
arrange a last-minute replacement speaker, FWIW.  If you want to
_do something useful_, you could see if any technical person you know in
the Bay Area has a talk for any of these upcoming SVLUG dates (all 7-9pm
meeting windows in Mountain View):

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016

Do something useful, Jesse.  Call or write to people you know who might
have topics for SVLUG meetings.  Do it now.  I believe you pretty much
owe us.