[volunteers] You're on for your SVLUG talk, Wednesday, May 4th

Jesse Monroy jesse650 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:39:44 PDT 2016

On 4/30/16, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):
>
>> Dammm.. Sorry Cancel me. Don't reschedule.
>
> This is really dissappointing, Jesse.  It's (again) very unlikely we can
> find a replacement speaker on short notice, so (again) we're going to
> have to cancel SVLUG's use of the entire Symantec vCafe site for May.
>
> As I've warned repeatedly, SVLUG cannot do this on a frequent basis
> without risking permanently losing use of the meeting site.

Yes. As the former president of the Silicon Valley BSD Users Group, this
saddens me. When Dan Kinonka asked me to help organize
SVLUG, I declined and said it might be a fad. It turns out this fad has
last longer than the SVBUG fad. It's up to the members to make
have this live longer. I can only suggest that you (Rick Moen) abandon
(or resign from) SVLUG and let someone else step up. We can
only do so much.

Ironically, tonight I'm going to the first night of an iOS Group
(Apple developers
for iPhoneg/Phone) here in El Paso, Texas.

Best of Luck to SVLUG from El Paso, Texas.
Jesse