[volunteers] (forw) Inquiring if Michael J. Clarkson is available to give a talk

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 28 18:38:12 PST 2016

Will advise.  If we don't have something by Tuesday noon, I'll advise
Symantec that we're cancelling for March.

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 18:36:39 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: info at flakjacketinc.com
Subject: Inquiring if Michael J. Clarkson is available to give a talk

This past April 2015, Michael Clarkson gave a well-received talk for my
friends at the Silicon Valley Linux Technology Meetup, on 'Linux
Security Dimensions', and I've been a fan of Michael's blog entries on
your site and that of Ravello Systems, ever since.  (I'm a DevOps guy.)

Am wondering if Michael might wish to speak to Silicon Valley Linux User
Group (http://www.svlug.org/) in Mountain View, CA this coming Wednesday
evening?  Pretty much anything Michael enjoys talking about, the intro
to RHEL7 / CentOS 7 talk, the Linux security in the cloud one, and so on
would be of interest to our mixed-interests audience (typically about 30
attendees).

I have to confess I'm not totally sure Michael's in the S.F. Bay Area,
but I was hoping.

Yes, this is a ridiculously last-minute query.  Just before I left on a
month-long Pacific Ocean cruise, SVLUG's Wednesday, March 2nd speaker
backed out.  I implored the other volunteers to work on the problem in
my absence, and they didn't -- and I just got back from the cruise.

If Michael is interested, great.  It's a terrific venue (Symantec's
vCafe at its corporate headquarters).  They have a good overhead system
that connects via VGA.   Further details are on www.svlug.org -- or, of
course write or call me (650-283-7902).

Or, if not March, perhaps later instead?

----- End forwarded message -----