[volunteers] For Feb 3: Need audio for presentation, also an HDMI side display

Tim Utschig tim at tetro.net
Thu Jan 28 10:47:26 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:22:46AM -0800, Eric Wing wrote:
> My main presentation will be run from a Macbook Air. I'm being sent a
> VGA adaptor by Rick. However, I also need audio for a part.
> I was wondering if anybody could bring a display/tv. I don't have
> anything very portable. Audio is not a requirement (though it would be
> a nice to have).

Hi Eric,

I can bring a small 24-inch Samsung TV (which I use as a
monitor).  It has two HDMI inputs, one VGA, and built-in
speakers.
  http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LT24C550ND/ZA-specs

> Does anybody know if the presentation area has speakers I can
> plug into and what of adaptors I need? Or can somebody bring
> speakers adequate for the presentation?

I don't know for sure, as I haven't inspected the podium at
Symantec closely.

Maybe the Linus video could be played by the Raspberry Pi onto
the small TV :-)  Otherwise you could switch your laptop from the
podium to the small TV, but that would be a bit of a hassle.

--
Tim Utschig <tim at tetro.net>
408-644-3861 (mobile)