[volunteers] [svlug] SVLUG needs a speaker/topic for Feb. 3rd, March 2nd

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 24 14:21:47 PST 2016

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> Hey Rick,
> I have plans to be back in the Bay Area around that time (March).
> If you cannot get anyone, my talk is tenatively entitled:
>
> Here is the outline.
>
> #Your prototype in a day. Your IoT business in a month.#
>
> **Blurb:**
> Got a Raspberry Pi, Arduino Yun, or similar?
> Want to start your own IoT busines?
> Do you know how to program with HTML, Javascript and C?
> Don't have a tons of cash?
> If you are will to put in end-less hours of work, and dream nightly
> about living under a bridge, then this talk is for you.
>
> ##What will be seen##
>
> - What is IoT?
> - What about wearable?
> - What does mine look like?
> - What are sensors?
> - What is the CPU?
> - How does it connect to the Internet?
> - DEMO - Stream Video to Youtube
> - Review of Hardware Needed
> - Review of Software Needed
> - Build a prototype
> - What about MFG?

Jesse, you are now on the Web site as the speaker for (important!):
MARCH 2ND, 2016.

Please see:
http://www.svlug.org/meetings.php
http://www.svlug.org

If any of this is incorrect or needs to be updated/improved (or cancelled),
please coordinate with the SVLUG Volunteers mailing list (CCd).
I will, starting tomorrow, be on a cruise ship going across the Pacific
Ocean, and probably not very reachable (if I have anything to say about
it).

I also have a lead on a speaker for April 2016 or later, Kyle Rankin
giving his talk 'Simple but Effective Server Hardening', that he
gave at North Bay Linux User Group and also yesterday at SCALE14x.

Jesse, it is particularly important that you speak up if for some reason
you _cannot_ give the IoT talk, so we can reshuffle the schedule.