[volunteers] Fwd: New messages in ✎ Colleen Harig (SVLUG (Silicon Valley Linux Users Group))

kevin dankwardt kevin.dankwardt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:26:20 PDT 2015

Another request for speaking.

-kevin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Meetup Messages <messages at meetup.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:26 PM
Subject: New messages in ✎ Colleen Harig (SVLUG (Silicon Valley Linux Users
Group))
To: kevin.dankwardt at gmail.com

~~~ Respond by replying directly to this email ~~~
[image: Meetup] <http://www.meetup.com/t/mg1_1/>
✎ Colleen Harig (SVLUG (Silicon Valley Linux Users Group))
<http://www.meetup.com/messages/t/mg1_mnm?convo_id=235437496262565888>
SVLUG (Silicon Valley Linux Users Group)
Colleen Harig
<http://www.meetup.com/messages/t/mg1_mnm?convo_id=235437496262565888>
Hi Kevin,

I noticed there is not a speaker for the November or December monthly
meetings, so I wanted to reach out to see if Greg Bruno, the VP of
Engineering at StackIQ, could possibly speak at one of the events.

Greg would speak to the SVLUG members about our open source tool, Stacki.
Stacki is an open source CentOS/RHEL bare metal provisioning tool that can
take your servers from bare hardware (or virtual hardware) to working
Linux, ready to install applications. Stacki does this at scale, so
deploying 1000+ servers is no more complex than deploying one. Once your
servers are installed with Stacki, you can augment them with configuration
tools like Puppet, Chef, Salt, CFEngine, Ansible, etc.

Along with an introduction to Stacki, Greg Bruno will present attendees
with a case study of how PayPal uses Stacki in production today.

Greg's mini bio: Greg Bruno is the Vice President of Engineering and
co-founder of StackIQ. Prior to joining StackIQ, he co-founded the
open-source Rocks Cluster Group at the San Diego Supercomputer Center
(SDSC) located on the campus of the University of California at San Diego
(UCSD). He received his M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from UCSD where
he researched parallel file systems.

Let me know if you are interested in having Greg speak at one of the
upcoming events. We would of course take care of any sponsorship costs that
are necessary.

Kind Regards,
Colleen Harig
Business Development Manager
(219) 742-0430
colleen.harig at stack­iq.com
October 13, 2015 2:24 PM
Reply directly to this email or respond on Meetup.com
<http://www.meetup.com/messages/t/mg1_mnm?convo_id=235437496262565888>

* This message was sent by Meetup on behalf of Colleen Harig
<http://www.meetup.com/members/184035506/>. *
To mute this conversation click here
<http://www.meetup.com/__ms8737471/messages/?convo_id=235437496262565888&mute=true&expires=1444944393565&sig=66bd4c4202f3355231a45fd0d813f4791ee75bed>

If you'd like to stop receiving all emails about private messages, click
here
<http://www.meetup.com/__ms8737471/account/optout/?submit=true&eo=mg1&email=msgEmail&_ms_unsub=true&expires=1447363593603&sig=8c737480ab3346f6a6cc2fbd71a33589b5a0b2d5>
.

To report this message or block the sender, please click here
<http://www.meetup.com/abuse/184035506/?table_name=convo&table_id=235437496262565888>

Have you tried messaging with our fancy mobile apps?
[image: iPhone App Store]
<http://www.meetup.com/r/email/iphone/0/mg1_appstore/https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id375990038?pt=288116&ct=emailfooter&mt=8>
[image:
Google Play]
<http://www.meetup.com/r/email/android/0/mg1_appstore/http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meetup&referrer=utm_source%3Demailfooter>

Add info at meetup.com to your address book to receive all Meetup emails

To manage your email settings, click here
<http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/>

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 <#1506318ffb977c3a_>

*Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring!* meetup.com/jobs <http://www.meetup.com/jobs/>

--
visit www.kcomputing.com for the best in Linux developer training.