[volunteers] Speaker for November or December Meeting

Colleen Harig colleen.harig at stackiq.com
Tue Oct 13 14:28:30 PDT 2015

Dear SVLUG Program Committee,

I also sent a message to Kevin through the meetup group, but I thought I
would send one to this email also.

I noticed there is not a speaker for the November or December monthly
meetings, so I wanted to reach out to see if Greg Bruno, the VP of
Engineering at StackIQ, could possibly speak at one of the events.

Greg would speak to the SVLUG members about our open source tool, Stacki.
Stacki is an open source CentOS/RHEL bare metal provisioning tool that can
take your servers from bare hardware (or virtual hardware) to working
Linux, ready to install applications. Stacki does this at scale, so
deploying 1000+ servers is no more complex than deploying one. Once your
servers are installed with Stacki, you can augment them with configuration
tools like Puppet, Chef, Salt, CFEngine, Ansible, etc.

Along with an introduction to Stacki, Greg Bruno will present attendees
with a case study of how PayPal uses Stacki in production today.

Greg's mini bio: Greg Bruno is the Vice President of Engineering and
co-founder of StackIQ. Prior to joining StackIQ, he co-founded the
open-source Rocks Cluster Group at the San Diego Supercomputer Center
(SDSC) located on the campus of the University of California at San Diego
(UCSD). He received his M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from UCSD where
he researched parallel file systems.

Let me know if you are interested in having Greg speak at one of the
upcoming events. We would of course take care of any sponsorship costs that
are necessary.

Kind Regards,
Colleen Harig
--

Colleen Harig | Community Development |

619.432.2379
<http://t.sidekickopen03.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XX48q5T4zW1q0Qn21qwvvvVQBb2Y56dS7ldcq1r202?t=http%3A%2F%2F619.432.2379%2F&si=4747341534330880&pi=9ec27e31-9b14-46a7-dace-1ecc5425adf4>
 | *colleen.harig at stackiq.com <darian.thomas at stackiq.com>*|

www.stackiq.com | www.stacki.com |