[volunteers] Web pages' directions to Symantec Vcafe

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 15 18:24:30 PST 2013

Quoting Tim Utschig (tim at tetro.net):

> Perhaps one or two photos and a much more close-up map view
> showing the layout of the buildings would help.  I will work on
> that and try to come up with consise, helpful directions as you
> suggested.

I've taken an initial shot at it -- and also repointed the directions
from http://www.svlug.org/directions/veritas.php to new page
http://www.svlug.org/directions/symantec.php .

I've excised all the references to Veritas and to Netscape Corp.,
inserted an overhead photo with a set of big yellow arrows showing
the walking path from the parking lot to the _correct_ entrance
doors, and described the walking path in words.

While I was at it, I reconfirmed the transit directions, and tighted up
/ shortened a bunch of wording.

I hope/expect we'll now be more findable by newcomers.

(Just to reiterate:  The old directions were correct when written, but
Symantec's changed door-locking policy made them misleading; there's
real risk of people arriving at Symantec, seeing nobody in the front of
vCafe and the front-facing doors locked, and leaving thinking SVLUG must
no longer exist.)