[volunteers] Facebook Page Live

Tim Utschig tim at tetro.net
Wed Nov 13 23:49:59 PST 2013

Heads-up, there is now an SVLUG Facebook page.

Facebook requires pictures used for Pages to be of equal width
and height, so I chopped up the banner on the site and made a
square version:  http://tetro.net/svlug/facebook/

I 'Liked' the entire cast of Revolution OS (the people I could
find) and "interests" such as "Linux", "Open Source", and "GNU"
_as_ the SVLUG Page.  I guess now Facebook and all its users can
see that "SVLUG likes Linus Torvalds" and crap like that.

Apparently I cannot create a Facebook Group without adding at
least one "Friend" to it.  It's probably for the best.  Creating
what would essentially be a fork of the mailing lists used _only_
by people who love using Facebook may not be wise.

The "facebook.com/svlug" URL is taken by one "Sander Vlug".  I
know you're all super disappointed.  We have instead:
  https://facebook.com/svlug2

--
Tim Utschig <tim at tetro.net>