[volunteers] Visibility & Volunteering

Tim Utschig tim at tetro.net
Sat Nov 9 08:05:42 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 11:48:20AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> 4.  It's a really good idea to reconfirm with scheduled speakers
>     about, say, a week before the talk -- both because they might
>     have forgotten and because they might have a new conflict and
>     have failed to tell us.   A reminder e-mail to the spaker is
>     both a tactful reminder and a means of detecting a problem
>     situation in time to possibly slot in a substitute.

How about I verify ~3 weeks in advance, to give ample time to
find a replacement should one be needed?

Mark, do you have contact info for Chander Kant and Paddy
Sreenivasan?  Please send it off-list to avoid archiving it
publicly.  If you have time and want to continue to coordinate
with them, that would be great too.  I'm here to help, if need
be.

> Subsequent meeting date will be Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014.  I am
> proposing to do one on 'How to get screamingly fast performance
> with Linux'.

Neat! I'm looking forward to it.

--
Tim Utschig <tim at tetro.net>