[volunteers] Visibility & Volunteering

Tim Utschig tim at tetro.net
Wed Nov 6 23:49:42 PST 2013

Faithful SVLUG Volunteers,

As briefly discussed at tonight's meeting, it may be that SVLUG
could benefit from some more visibility.  Specifically, Meetup
[.com] was mentioned.

How about we go all-in and...
  1. Create a Meetup Group ($19+),
  2. Create a Google+ Page & Community ($0),
  3. Create a Facebook Page & Group ($0?),
  4. _____?

I'm willing and ready to visit the dark side and^W^W^W^W^W make
1..3 happen, but would like to hear any objections, comments, or
suggestions people might have.

There is a small matter of how to maintain access to various
accounts, etc. when the time comes to pass on access to future
volunteers.  This can probably be worked out at a later date,
though using an @svlug.org alias or private mailing list might be
sufficient.  Keep in mind that whatever we use will undoubtedly
be spammed and there won't be much use in checking it very often.

P.S.  I'd also like to put forth an offer to help with speaker
coordination, web team duties, or whatever needs doing.

--
Tim Utschig <tim at tetro.net>