[volunteers] (forw) [Mailman-owner] volunteers post from kmcdevitt@astaro.com requires approval

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 30 15:38:38 PST 2011

Quoting Jesse Monroy (jesse650 at gmail.com):

> for a moment I considered you forward president to me, but giving it
> thought it appears a bad idea. Nonetheless, that moniker might be on
> some random mailing list - with a random value that cannot be
> determined.  As such, dropping the moniker remains the correct course
> of action, and I suggest we announce repeatedly, and very vocally, at
> the SVLUG meetingS the death of this mbox.

Fortunately, not really necessary.

The 'president' shell login (or whatever it was) was nuked immediately
upon Reiber leaving office in 2008, and an /etc/aliases entry repointing
any arriving mail to volunteers at lists.svlug.org instituted to catch any
actually desirable mail.

I've been gradually finding and losing the subscriptions and
press-release arrangements, on and off, since 2008.

Mentioning the lingering issue at SVLUG general meetings wouldn't be
useful, as the attendees didn't create the problem and don't have much
to do with it.