[volunteers] can someone sanity check my changes for me?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 1 13:58:06 PST 2010

Quoting Luke S. Crawford (lsc at prgmr.com):

> I want http://www.svlug.org/meetings-lsc.php  to be meetings.php.
> is that correct?

Pretty good.  Thanks for the prod (though I hadn't forgotten).

First thing one always needs to do is copy the entry for the preceding
month from meetings.php to prevmeet.php.  In the past, we've lost entire
months of history because people forgot to do that.  (I've later
reconstructed those entries from, e.g., mailing list posts.)

Then, you can rework the now-obsolete entry in meetings.php to be for
the subsequent month _or_ you can use the template provided to create a
new set of lines.

The entry you made was OK except that it generated an HTML validity
warning on validator.w3.org, on account of the <br/ > .

I've just updated prevmeet.php (copy Feb. entry there from
meetings.php).  Then, I implemented your text for March into
meetings.php with just a couple'a tweaks.

Next file to fix is events.html, which is the "Events" column for the
front page.  General rule is that it should have, above the <hr>,
the next two general meeting dates and the next two installfests.
I've been keeping the installfest listings there even though SVLUG
doesn't currently have a venue for them, because I figured it might
encourage one to be found -- and it seems to be working, judging by
recent mail from LUG at SJSU.

The last page to update is installfest/index.php -- meeting dates.

I'll try to get the announcement out to svlug-announce, tonight.
(You could do it, too.  I just use one of the prior ones as a template
for the format.  Anyone's post to that list, including mine, gets held
for listadmin approval, which helps avoid "Oops, didn't mean to do that"
screwups.)