[volunteers] a speaker for 3/3

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 24 16:03:26 PST 2010

Quoting Luke S. Crawford (lsc at prgmr.com):

> I'm afraid this job isn't as easy as I thought it'd be, and that I've
> not been as dillagent as I ought to be.

I believe you that it's gotten harder.  It's the economy.

> anyhow, after my other leads fell through  (I was intending to space
> her out more so that it's not immediately after her EBLUG talk) on short
> notice, Alison Chaiken <alchaiken at gmail.com>  has agreed to do a talk
> on Linux, Android and Open Source in the Mobile Environment which looks
> like it will be a very interesting talk.
>
> The downside is that she is speaking at EBLUG, uh, right before us.
> But, knowing her, the talk will probably be well prepared and generally
> good, so I say we run with it.  OK?

I think that's fine and even excellent.  Great topic, of interest to
many indeed.  And fortunately, there really isn't a lot of overlap
between attendees -- because of car/commute traffic patterns.  EBLUG
draws primarily from Newark / Fremont / Union City / East SJ, I think.