[volunteers] Speaker Possibility

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jan 19 06:53:41 PST 2010


On Jan 7, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Luke S Crawford wrote:

> Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> writes:
> 
>> On Jan 6, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Andrew Fife wrote:
>> 
>>> --- On Wed, 6/1/10, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> I have it on the calendar now as
>>>> tentative, so, yes, pending confirmation from SVLUG,
>>>> 3/3 it is.
>>>> 
>>>> Owen
>>> 
>>> Luke, since I don't know exactly what irons you have in the fire, can you give Owen DeLong a final confirmation regarding 3/3/10.  If that date doesn't work, what would be a suitable alternative?  
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> Just a heads up.  I don't know yet if I am presenting at Apricot 2010 or not.  If I am, there might
>> be a date conflict that comes up for 3/3 and I would need to postpone (have to give the
>> big conference in Asia priority, sorry).
>> 
>> If you would rather just reschedule now, that's fine, or, we can leave 3/3 tentative and I will
>> try to find out within the next week or two what the plan is.
> 
> 
> Hm. It's always best to give people notice before changing speakers, but
> a month is probably enough notice, so we can leavel 3/3 tenitive for
> now, but if we don't know for sure by the end of this month, we'll go
> ahead and reschedule... does that sound okay?  
> 
> 
> my own IPv6 deployment is way behind schedule, and I imagine there
> are others who are in a similar position (of prioritizing IPv4 over
> IPv6.)  and I, for one, think IPv6 may  be the best answer to
> our IPv4 runout problems, so it's definately a talk we need.  

I'm afraid that Apricot has come through and accepted my presentation, so, I will be in Kuala
Lumpur on 3/3.  Please let me know a preferred alternative date.  If you want to reduce
the chances of a conflict, you can look at http://owend.corp.he.net. This contains most of
my confirmed dates (I have some additions that need to go on there).

Thanks,

Owen





More information about the volunteers mailing list