[volunteers] Speaker Possibility

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Thu Jan 7 10:54:35 PST 2010


Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> writes:

> On Jan 6, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Andrew Fife wrote:
> 
> > --- On Wed, 6/1/10, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> > 
> >> I have it on the calendar now as
> >> tentative, so, yes, pending confirmation from SVLUG,
> >> 3/3 it is.
> >> 
> >> Owen
> > 
> > Luke, since I don't know exactly what irons you have in the fire, can you give Owen DeLong a final confirmation regarding 3/3/10.  If that date doesn't work, what would be a suitable alternative?  
> > 
> > 
> > 
> Just a heads up.  I don't know yet if I am presenting at Apricot 2010 or not.  If I am, there might
> be a date conflict that comes up for 3/3 and I would need to postpone (have to give the
> big conference in Asia priority, sorry).
> 
> If you would rather just reschedule now, that's fine, or, we can leave 3/3 tentative and I will
> try to find out within the next week or two what the plan is.


Hm. It's always best to give people notice before changing speakers, but
a month is probably enough notice, so we can leavel 3/3 tenitive for
now, but if we don't know for sure by the end of this month, we'll go
ahead and reschedule... does that sound okay?  


my own IPv6 deployment is way behind schedule, and I imagine there
are others who are in a similar position (of prioritizing IPv4 over
IPv6.)  and I, for one, think IPv6 may  be the best answer to
our IPv4 runout problems, so it's definately a talk we need.  




More information about the volunteers mailing list