[volunteers] Fwd: Invitation to Linux.com

Andrew Fife andrewbfife at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 01:22:02 PDT 2009

FVI...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brian Proffitt <brian at linux.com>
Date: June 24, 2009 6:24:12 PM PDT
To: andrewbfife at yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Invitation to Linux.com

Good evening Andrew,

My name is Brian Proffitt, Community Manager for the Linux Foundation. I wanted to invite you and the rest of the members of the Silicon Valley LUG to visit and join the new Linux.com site. There, you can use our community tools and features to help communicate with current and potential new members.

As members of Linux.com, you can:
Create a Group for your LUG that will allow you to organize events, share new ideas, and reach out to Linux users.
Use our Events calendar to advertise events; eventually our site will match local visitors to Linux.com to events in their area.
Tap into our Forums to give your members access to updated Linux help and support
I hope you and your members will find Linux.com useful for your organization, and please let us know if there's other ways we can assist you!

--
Brian Proffitt
Community Manager

AIM: StartXScribe