[volunteers] (forw) Re: Hardware, software

mark mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Sun Jun 21 21:03:12 PDT 2009

nazmul islam wrote:
> Currently i am in pittsburgh,PA . i was in bay area last year and trying
> to move bay area again . is there any way i can join meeting without
> physical ? i really want to join with you and love to work .
>
> Farhan
Hi Farhan,
My opinions here are my own and others may offer other or maybe even
similar opinions.

First of all, LUGs are pretty much local affairs with most meetings and
talks being in physical buildings with speakers who are actually
present. Second, system administration has, at times, the requirement to
 have hands on the computer. Like right now as we are starting to build
a new system, retire the old system at least for a while (other than the
old disk drive the hardware is probably fine), and then install the new
system in the data center. So we need local hands on. We do have people
who have volunteered to help with the new system and work is underway.

Perhaps you could get involved with the LUG local to where you live, or
start one. Or propose some sort of collaborative project with SVLUG.

Again, thanks for your interest and offer to help.

Mark