[volunteers] (forw) RE: Speak about Zabbix

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 8 13:52:08 PDT 2009

Note that Brendon will be filling in SVLUG's slot for a September 2009
speaker.  (Note, too, the the rest of his message concerns BayLISA.)

----- Forwarded message from Brendon Baumgartner <brendon at netcal.com> -----

Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:36:16 -0700
From: Brendon Baumgartner <brendon at netcal.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: RE: [volunteers] Speak about Zabbix

> Quoting Brendon Baumgartner (brendon at netcal.com):
>
> > Thanks for getting back to me!
> >
> > If I don't do June 18th at BayLISA, what's the next opening?
>
> My best information is that the group doesn't currently have any
"speaker
> pipeline", so all the subsequent 3rd Thursdays are open.
>
> If there's a chance you might be able to do June 18th, that would be
> great, as the group appears to have not yet lined up a presentation,
> and, well, time is moving on.  If not, that's OK took, of course.
>
> (I'm qualifying my statements with phrases like "appears to" and "My
> best information is" solely because there's an outside chance someone
> has arranged a speaker and not bothered to update the Web site -- but
> I'm 99% sure.)

Okay. I'll do the 18th. I'm a little nervous because I haven't done any
speaking in about 5 years and I don't have anything prepared yet. In
addition, I haven't seen what the audience is like.

No worries though, I'll make it happen.

June 18th it is!

I'll get started today. Do you have an information booklet/FAQ for
speakers? If not I'll just email you a list of questions.

Also, I can speak to the SVLUG in September if you like.

-Brendon
Cell: 408-666-3884

----- End forwarded message -----