[volunteers] (forw) sv_lug - Google Groups: Message Pending

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 26 11:35:58 PDT 2009

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Should we send out an invitation to the group, asking members to
> subscribe to the real "svlug" or "svlug-announce" lists?

Sounds like a good idea.

The idea Paul was trying to solve -- that of a backup communications
channel (other than IRC) for when lists.svlug.org is offline -- is worth
addressing.  However, we have at our disposal a better solution:  NYLUG
can offer us such a facility, and we can do likewise for them.  We've
had higher-priority things to do, but it's a decent idea.