[volunteers] Trying to get rid of Google Group spam

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat May 23 22:28:33 PDT 2009

begin Rick Moen quotation of Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:41:06AM -0700:

> Paul Reiber's Google Group "sv_lug at googlegroups.com" continues to deluge
> this mailing list's admin queue, continually, with "administration
> needed" notices on account of its own mangled setup.  I've just now
> created a new mail filter in the Exim4 MTA (SMTP server) on
> lists.svlug.org, attempting to refuse that mail.

I asked Paul for access to the group and have removed
the "president at svlug.org" address from the list,
along with your personal one.  Should cut down on
the amount of spam.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco