[volunteers] (forw) sv_lug - Google Groups: Message Pending

Lisa svlug at flygirl.com
Fri May 22 06:24:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 05:13:32PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> Looks like our esteemed ex-president has changed the
> sv_lug at googlegroups.com configuration to make the interminable
> stream of nagmail messages come directly to _me_ at my own
> machine.  You may recall that he formerly had them flooding
> the Mailman queues at SVLUG's mailing lists -- which I put a
> stop to by blocking them at lists.svlug.org's SMTP server,
> making the SMTPd refuse them with 550 permanent rejection
> messages.
>
> Mr. Ex-President might possibly have noticed that those
> messages were being refused, and decided to redirect them
> straight towards me, instead.  (I have no direct evidence of
> that.  I really know only that I started being deluged with
> this bullshit today.)
>
> Man, what a huge amount of gratuitous hassle Mr. Reiber's
> bright idea has turned out to cause everybody but him.

*This* problem, at least, I imagine can be solved by an email to
the groups support people.  I'd be surprised if they didn't pay
attention to someone who tells them that he's getting the
moderator emails (i.e. SPAM) to a mailing list that he has no
control over (and doesn't want).

Reagrdless, I concur that this is a PITA.

Lisa