[volunteers] LPI Promotion for LUG members

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 15 08:00:53 PDT 2009

This is partially redundant to
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/volunteers/2009q2/001631.html, but
offers additional details.

----- Forwarded message from officers-owner at lists.svlug.org -----

Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:09:28 -0700
From: Brooke Gresham <bgresham at lpi.org>
To: officers at lists.svlug.org
Subject: LPI Promotion for LUG members

LPI Promotion for LUG members

During the 10th Anniversary year of the Linux Professional Institute
http://www.lpi.org members of Linux User Groups in North America are
invited to participate in a special promotional program to advance their
Linux skills and knowledge.

Participating Linux User Groups will be offered voucher coupons for a
10% discount on Linux Professional Institute exams offered at any local
Prometric or VUE testing center. Participating LUGs are asked to obtain
voucher codes in advance upon request from LPI Customer Service at
bgresham at lpi.org.  Exam fees (minus the 10% discount) are payable upon
redemption.  LUGs should include contact information and the number of
coupons required when making inquiries at bgresham at lpi.org.

The Linux Professional Institute is the world's #1 Linux certification
and is globally supported by the IT industry, enterprise customers,
community professionals, government entities and the educational
community. LPI is supported by an affiliate network spanning five
continents and their exams are distributed worldwide in multiple
languages at more than 7,000 testing locations. Since 1999, LPI has
delivered close to 200,000 exams and over 65,000 LPIC certifications
around the world.

For more information on how to take an LPI exam please see:
http://www.lpi.org/eng/certification/faq/procedure_for_taking_exams

Please provide me the following information and I will get your vouchers
ordered:

Main contact person for your LUGS:
Contact persons phone number:
Contact persons e-mail:
Contact persons mailing address:
LUGS e-mail address or website:
LUGS name:
Would you like Vue or Prometric vouchers?:

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you
soon,

--

Brooke Gresham
Customer Service Manager Linux Professional Institute

----- End forwarded message -----