[volunteers] Linux Users Groups

Porkchop porkchop at mhvlug.org
Mon Jul 7 20:39:53 PDT 2008

Greetings Linux User Group,
I hail from the Mid-Hudson Valley Linux Users Group in New York State.
After over 5 years of monthly LUG meetings, I'd been looking around for
new ideas, hoping to find a place where LUG officers shared their ideas
and experiences. Finding none, I decided to create it.

InterLUG mailing list:

Again, the goal is not to talk about linux problems and solutions, but
rather about LUG problems and solutions. Here's a freebie: We've found
that two totally informal 5-minute (strictly timed!) lectures about "Wow
I found this cool new app!" or "Look at this neat toy I found on
amazon!" gets people into gear at the start of the meeting.

Please spread the word to other officers in your group or to any
neighboring LUGs. I have emailed all the listed "info" addresses under
"United States" at linux.org (I'll get to the rest soon).

I look forward to sharing ideas,
-porkchop