[volunteers] Dates in calendar are closer than they appear

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:02:42 PDT 2008

I can talk about the new Sugar Labs and Pixel Qi operations, both
created by ex-OLPC managers. Sugar Labs is an all-Linux shop so far
(no objection to supporting BSD), and Pixel Qi is trying to find a
model for Open Hardware development. Also the XO-2, recently announced
by OLPC, which will have a second touch screen acting as keyboard.
Much cheaper than keeping track of all those pesky keyboard SKUs.

I'll see whether I can interest John Gage, formerly Chief Researcher
at Sun, and now a principal at Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, and Byers,
to give us a talk on where technology is heading worldwide and also
show us some of the latest toys.