[volunteers] Speakers for May 2008 and beyond

Aniruddha Mulay ani_mulay at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 09:17:13 PST 2008

Hello there,

Andrew Fife wrote:

> >It turns out that I'm getting together with Fyodor on Tuesday.  I'll
> bring >up the May speaker opportunity then.
>
> Fyodor expressed a strong interest in speaking at SVLUG in July.

I think, Fyodor for July 2008 should be fine with us.
--

Earlier this week, you wrote to Alex Honor of ControlTier:

| I coordinate speakers for PenLUG so I can confirm 5/22 there.  I need to
| double check with Ani Mulay (cc'ed) at SVLUG before confirming the 5/7
| date.

As of today, we do not have a confirmed speaker for May.
Shall we go ahead and invite Alex ?
--

Suggestion for potential speaker:

Topic: Hadoop (hadoop.apache.org)

It's the open source (Java) implementation of Google's MapReduce
[http://labs.google.com/papers/mapreduce.html]. Yahoo is backing
the project and they are running 1000s of servers.

What do you say ?

Regards,

(Ani)ruddha Mulay