[volunteers] Google Support for SVLUG

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Sun Dec 23 11:56:27 PST 2007

Hi Leslie,

Google employee Warren Turkal has been generous in supporting SVLUG in the
recent past by 1) being the Google facilitator for our installfests held on
the Google campus and 2) helping with the Linux kernel study sessions also
held at Google.

Warren decided to reduce his involvement with SVLUG for a while at least. His
explanation is here:
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2007-December/030122.html

I resigned my position as SVLUG vice president a while back but want to help
coordinate between SVLUG and Google for a while as SVLUG's president is out
of town for about a month. (The 'volunteers' list copied in this mail is a
group of the more active volunteers who help keep SVLUG going.)

Thus, I would like to review the relationship between Google and SVLUG. Is
Google still offering us a place for our installfests and for the kernel
study?

I will send you my phone numbers off list in case you wish to call.
All of us at SVLUG appreciate you, Warren, and Google for contributing space
and other support of our group. Thank you.

--
Mark Weisler
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our