[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 18 19:21:05 PST 2007

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> No, I believe I specified that I would tell you offline. And did, in
> several cases.

Actually, I immediately told you I was uninterested in the offlist
discussion you proposed, in part because I could not ethically post from
it to refute it, and additional had no interest whatsoever in a private
argument with you on anything, in the first place.  In general, in that
area in particular, you've lately shown a significant lack of regard for
the value of my time, not to mention your own.

If memory serves, your private-mail post alleged that a couple of
phrases you didn't like were uncivil, and I am disappointed but not
surprised to see you ducking from public scrutiny on that point.  You
asserted that a couple of things "assumed facts not in evidence", as if
I were obliged to meet the Federal Rules of Evidence rather than just
point to what is quite obvious.

> By George, he's got it!

And yet, you didn't -- and now are attempting to cite _offlist_ mail.
That's pretty low, don't you think?