[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 18 16:11:12 PST 2007

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> Rick, I happen to know that you have plenty of hobbies. Why don't you
> take yourself out of our hair for a bit and let the dust settle?

I am not so bored as to tell people what they should "not worry about",
and wave titles around to justify it.

Actually, truth to tell, I've been pretty busy, e.g., cleaning up and
documenting the state of the Linode host, which took rather a great deal
more time, attention, and skill than belatedly getting a bog-standard
model 2230 to boot, which your _son_ did.  (I'm glad he did so, of
course.)

And why am I not taking myself out of your hair?  Because I've done a
huge load of work trying to keep this group from falling apart, and
would prefer to not see it start teetering toward collapse again.

It's possible I might eventually be motivated towards washing my hands
of the lot of you, though.  Keep trying, and see if it works.